cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move media catalogs to new media server?

Matthew_Frahm
Level 3
I recently setup a new server to act as my media server and used the Backup Exec Utility to copy and apply the media server config from the older server to the new server.

Is there an easy way to move all of the information related to the media used with the older server over to the new installation of Backup Exec so that I can manage media locations and so forth on the new box? Basically, I want to avoid one-by-one importing the old media into the new database.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you imported the entire BEDB into your new server, you ought to be able to just copy the catalog files to the new server and stop/start the BackupExec Service

Matthew_Frahm
Level 3
What about the list of media (including the stuff trimmed from the catalogs already)?

For instance, my old server has an AIT-1 autoloader and the new one has an LTO-3 autoloader, but I will be decommissioning the older server and connecting the AIT-1 to the new server. But, I'd like to avoid re-importing all of the old AIT-1 media.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
if it's in the catalog (not job defs or selection lists etc) when you copy the catalog files to the new server, it ought to show up there after copying/cycleing the services

if the catalog file was truncated before copying, it will be truncated after copying.

(I haven't done this on v10, but have done it on v8 and v9 with no problems. tho the catalog structure did change with v10, it should still work)