cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving 10d to another server with a different host name

Todd_Loeppke
Level 2
Does Technote 280710 include all the steps needed to move an entire 10d environment to another server (configuration, catalogs..etc). If the server name
is changing too, do I need to make other changes on the server or clients?

TIA,
Todd
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Since you are moving a complete install, this technote should work fine Just be sure to read the Do Not Use If near the top of the doc

If you were trying to import catalogs from one media server into another, that would be an entirely different storyMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Todd_Loeppke
Level 2
How about changing server names? Do I need to change anything on the server or clients after I move the 10d environment?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Don't think a new server name will be any problem (as long as the same drive lettters/directories will be used), but I wouldn't change the name after installing BackupExec unless you actually HAVE to.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Even if you change the server name in 10.0 there wouldnt be a problem ,however you need to make sure that you have followed the following steps

To update the Media Server Configuration so as to reflect the new server name use the Backup Exec Utility.

1. To access Backup Exec Utility , open the BEUtility.exe from X:\ Program Files\Veritas\Backup exec\NT folder.
NOTE: X is the drive on which Backup Exec is installed.

2. To add new media server name, highlight All Media Servers under Known Media Servers ->
Right Click -> Select New Media Server

3. Enter the Backup exec Server name , Check the box Check Media Server Status. click OK

4. The Media server name appears on the right Pane of the window with the status.

5. Highlight the Media Server Name , Right click -> Click on Update Configuration for New Media Server name.

6. Enter the New media server and Old media server information. Click on OK

7. You will get a Operation Progress window. Once it has reach 100% , Click on Close

8. Open Backup exec application and check if the media server information has been updated.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.