cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Email Alerts

BBoyes
Level 3

After upgrading from 12.5 to 2010R2, we also changed our email notices for the backup jobs so they would go to our helpdesk instead of individuals.

Since making this change, the helpdesk gets the notice, but now the individuals are also getting two copies of the notice every time a job completes.

I have checked the settings on the job and they are correct. I  also checked the alert assignments and job complete is not assigned to anyone. The only alert category that are set up to send are the critical alerts.

I ran a test message and the message only goes ot the helpdesk as it should.

Any ideas why the old settings are still in there somewhere?

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BBoyes
Level 3

I found another place where the alerts are originating. BE is set to send an email if any job has a warning. Since two of the jobs always throw warnings (the agent is from the previous version). One job only has no warning since it always runs successfully and only sends one notice when the job completes. That explains the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...any notifications set on the selection list too? this might explain 2 mails being sent at the same time...

BBoyes
Level 3

Yes, now that I see what selection list is all about, I found the issue. Thanks.

BBoyes
Level 3

Updates... I went through and cleared all the selection list notifications and am still getting two copies of each notification. One is being sent via our new dsitribution list, one is sent th old way where we were sending to each user.

CraigV

Check your jobs as well...this is another place that notification would be coming from.

BBoyes
Level 3

The jobs are set up properly. There is only one alert which is going to a dsitribution list in Exchange.

CraigV

OK then, create another distribution list in Exchange and add this into your notification in BE. Remove the tick to send to the current one, and see if it happens again...

BBoyes
Level 3

I found another place where the alerts are originating. BE is set to send an email if any job has a warning. Since two of the jobs always throw warnings (the agent is from the previous version). One job only has no warning since it always runs successfully and only sends one notice when the job completes. That explains the issue.