Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Errors During Backup Execution - Backup Fails

Doug_Laskosky
Level 4
Partner

Operation System: Windows 2003r2 Small Business Server

Application: BEWS v12.0 1364; AOFO Installed

After my server has been running for several days (4-6) the scheduled backup (9:00PM) will begin to fail.

---------------------------------- 

The following errors are listed in the application event log

Source: Backup Exec

Category: None

Event ID: 57481

Time: 9:05:35PM

An unusual error (87) was encountered while enumerating the contents of the directory:

C:\.

It is possible that files or subdirectories have not been backed up. Please examine your job log or catalogs to ensure this directory tree was backed up in its entirety.

Source: VSS

Event ID: 8193

Time: 9:08:42PM

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine RegSaveKeyExW. hr = 0x800703f8.

Source: Backup Exec

Event ID: 34113

Time: 9:09:25PM

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed

(Server: "SBS2003") (Job: "MON") MON -- The job failed with the following error: An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volume from which to back up.

The following errors are listed in the system log

Source: NTFS

Category: Disk

Event ID: 55

Time: 9:05:17PM

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume .

Source: Application Popup

Event ID: 26

Time: 9:05:17PM 

Application popup: Windows - System Error : An error was detected between two drivers or within an I/O driver.

-------------------------------

Check Disk run on both drives, although error returns that Windows can not complete it.

I suspect it has to do with the Advance File Open Agent which is set to Automatically select open file technology and Process Logical Drives one at a time.

Any help will be appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Doug_Laskosky
Level 4
Partner

As a follow up....

Application: SEP v11.0.1000.1375

Small Business Policies in place as described in http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/media/stn/pdfs/Articles/sep_sbs_bestpractices.pdf