cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Problems Backing Up LINUX! Help!!

Joe_LeStrange_2
Level 2
I am currently having a real bothersome problem trying to backup a Linux server. I have the agent installed so that I should be able to backup /root, /data01, and /data02. I can see everything in root but I can only see files in data01 and data02, no folders are visable.

As a sort of workaround we are trying to use samba shares to backup instead. With the samba shares I can everything including the folders but the problem comes when I want to backup them up. I get:

Error category : Security ErrorsError : a000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this same problem? Thank you for your time.

Joe
2 REPLIES 2

Joe_LeStrange_2
Level 2
bump

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This happens even though the logon account has sufficient privileges on the Unix/Linux server.

The above issue is observed when VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) is unable to connect to the Unix/Linux server due to wrong entries in the HOSTS file and/or RESOLV.CONF file.

In order to resolve the error perform the following:

1. Remove extra or wrong entries of the Unix/Linux server from the /etc/hosts file
2. Add an entry for Backup Exec Media server in the /etc/hosts file if not already present
3. Remove any wrong entry for the Unix/Linux server from /etc/resolv.conf file
4. Restart Backup Exec Remote Agent for Unix and Linux

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.