cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple problems

Jess_Walker
Not applicable
Hey Guys,
I seem to be having multiple problems with Backup Exec 11d. I'm running the evaluation copy at the moment hoping that it will fulfill my needs, do what I want and then I'll purchase the full retail copy.

But this hasn't happened. I've found nearly every day I'm need to go in and manually do a backup because the scheduling hasn't worked or the media-server has been paused by some unknown being.

Setting alerts to be received by e-mail causes me to receive e-mail in the early hours of the morning telling me a job is trying to run but there is no media in the drive. When I come in of a morning I go to check out the reports & there's been no evidence of a job trying to run... I'm also having difficulties getting the remote agent to work, so i'm using remote server management to log into my server & adjust the needed settings.

Should backup 11d, continually do what it's been doing then I will obviously look elsewhere. Your help would be much appreciated.

Jess
1 REPLY 1

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

If the server is paused ,please unpause it and then verify.

Whats problem are you facing while backing up the remote machine?

Verify that the remote agent service is running under local system account on the media as well as the remote server

Are there any errors in the job log

Thanks