cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS THECUSN3200PRO

pijaman
Level 2
Goodmorning,

I have BE 12 install on an Windows 2003 Server, all the data are on a NAS (thecus N3200Pro), but I cannot backup files from the NAS. At first time I connected the NAS by share folder, but this manipulation don’t work now.
This NAS is on Linux, and I think it’s impossible to install an agent on a Linux platform.
How can I will do to Backup data from the NAS bye BE?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

UKRonaldo
Level 3
Hi,

I have a couple of Linux NAS devices and found easiest way to backup data from them is:

Replicate data from Linux NAS to my Backup Exec server using robocopy or file sync utility and then use Backup Exec to backup data to tape. 

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Which Linux OS is this? If this is in our support matrix, you may install RALUS agent on this machine and backup using Backup Exec.

pijaman
Level 2
Hi,

thx for your answers. The solution to copy data from NAS to Server is not possible, there are many data.

I don't know which Linux OS is it, i will install ssh to see that, but i search on internet and uname -r don't give the name. But i will try.

I found that about agent :

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-10d-thecus-1u4500-nas

He speaks about RAWS key, what is it?

I see i can evaluate linux agent for 60 days, i will try to install that when i will find how to install agent. I hope that will not down my NAS.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
You should be able to backup NAS based data over shares as long as both of the following are true:
1) The media server has at least one RAWS (Rmote agent for Windows Servers) license installed on it
2) The NAS device itself does not have the NDMP protocol enabled (or is running the NAS protocol on a different TCP Port from the media server)

There is a further option if the Linux version is supported by RALUS (Remote Agent for Linux and Unix Systems) you can install this (with a license) but it sounds like teh NAS device in question is running some form of Linux derivative so is unlikely to be supported,

Does the backup job log where it fails provide an error message?