Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP platform not support on incremental restores

Ryan_RTC
Level 2

Backup Exec 15 (FP3)

NDMP Device:  Dell Compellent FS8600

NDMP Platform:  FluidFS 3.940120

When attempting to restore files from an incremental NDMP backup, I get the following error:

"The NDMP platform is not supported.  You can find a list of compatible types of storage at the following URL:  http://entsupport.symantec.com/umi/V-269-2"

However, my NDMP platform is listed on the Backup Exec 15 HCL.  This only happens when restoring files from an incremental backup.  I do not get the error when restoring files from a full backup.  The error appears after selecting the restore path and I have the option selected to restore to the original location.  I did not have this issue in Backup Exec 2012 and 2014.

A network trace shows the Backup Exec server nerver even attempts to contact the NDMP device when the error is displayed.

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   

What screen are you on when you get this error?

Can you redirect the restore of an incremental backup?

Ryan_RTC
Level 2

This error appears after I select the restore location and then click Next.

I'm having a separate issue with redirected restores and I have another thread for that.  If I choose to restore to the original location and click Next, I get the error screen.  If I choose to restore to an alternate location and click Next, I get a warning stating the destination drive cannot be found (that's the other issue I'm having).  If I ignore the warning and click Next again, I get the NDMP platform not supported error.