cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Remote Agen for linux/Unix based platform

hydus
Level 3
Hi all

I am a new user for Backup Exec 11d, I have a file server called Snap server model 410. My test run fails with error need remote agent. I did a bit of reading on it found out that i do need remote agent that i need to install in snap server.

I have trying to find a remote agent for linux/unix platform. Can some please tell where i can download and also if you document that can help me to install in the snap server.

Thanks

Message Edited by hydus on 07-03-200707:12 PM

7 REPLIES 7

STeve_O
Level 5
Backup Exec had not agent that will install on a SNAP server.

The job should complete with that failed error and files should be present to restore.

hydus
Level 3

Hi Thank you for the respose

As you can see I am new to Backup Exec but i am reading throught documentation to quide me through the setup. Well i have 2 jobs,

1. Backup from a windows server 2003. It is running our ACCPAC application. This job runs fine and I tested it by restoring it.

2. Backup from Snap server, which is our file server for documents etc. The job runs 50% and then stops with an error message( e000846b). I have copy pasted the job log below. The line which are marked red are the erroe messages.

I am trying to research on this error message which talks about remote agent. As per the reply from my previous thread I go information that I don't need remote agent for this.

Can someone please help me figure this out. Thank you in advance.

Job Log for TestRun 00028 of Snap Backup

Completed status: FailedExpand AllCollapse AllJob Information
Server name : UTILITY
Job name : TestRun 00028 of Snap Backup
Job log : C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEX_UTILITY_00134.xml
Device name : SONY 1

Test Run Job Information
Credentials Check
Device : \\SNAP-SVR410, \\SNAP-SVR410\Taylor Toronto
Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

Media Capacity Check
Device : SONY 1
Online append capacity : 109,069 MB
Online overwrite capacity: 0.000 MB
Total append capacity : 548,988 MB
Total overwrite capacity : 0.000 MB
Capacity check status : Success
Miscellaneous :

Media Check
Online media check : Media is online or nearline to start job.
Overwrite media check: There is media online or nearline that can be overwritten.
Media check status : Success

Backup job name : Snap Backup
Test run status : Fail
Media protection: Append first then overwrite
Target device : SONY 1
Target media : Keep Data Infinitely - Do Not Allow Overwrite
Total byte count: 0

Job Completion Status
Job started     : August 23, 2007 11:06:33 AM
Job ended : August 23, 2007 11:06:35 AM
Final error: 0xe0008703 - Job failed running its test run. See logfile for details.
Final error category: Job Errors
Completed status: Failed

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Create a User Defined share, and put the SNAP server in its own job (if it isn't already)

hydus
Level 3
Thank your for your response

I have made a user defined selection where I added the snap server by its IP address and the related folder. I did the credential check it does nop pass for the snap server but for the folder it does.

Did a test run and got the same error message with the job log as i stated before in this post. Can you please help me.

hydus
Level 3
Hi

I have made a user defined selection where i selected the snap server by its IP address. I gave all kind of rights to the folder i am trying to back up. Still getting the same error message.

Can you help me please

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you logon to the Media Server as the service account, can you map shares on the *Nix box?

Is ther a firewall or router between it and the media server?

hydus
Level 3
It is working now. The didn't change anything but i had to choose the selection throught user defined seleciton.
THank you