cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some info on creating streaming

Swee_Lung_Ang
Level 2
Hi,

I'm trying to search some info on whether can Veritas support this kind of functions.

Scenario:-

1 Backup Job with Multiple Server selection list across network running on 2 drive at the same time.

I know I can create each job for each server to point to those drives but just wondering whether this can be done.

On my previous CommVault Galaxy system, this is called streaming process but I can't find the term in Veritas.

Could some one please enlighten me with some info?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hello there,

Yes, you can fire jobs to 2 drives at the same time. However, you need to create drive pools

For more information, please refer to the Administration Manual. You may download it from the following link:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266190

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
No, one job cannot write to two drives at the same time.

Used to be an add-on called RaidDirector that would do this, but AFAIK, that disappeared with v8, and would not support drives in a library, only stand-alone drives.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hi,

Please let us know if you have followed the steps mentioned earlier and whether it has resolved your issue.

If the issue still persists, please let us know the latest updates.

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply