cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more info about Backup Exec SharePoint Agent

MetalMan
Level 2

We currently have Backup Exec 12.5 in our organization and we have MOSS 2007 x64 on a server.  We are backing up the sharepoint server for disaster recovery, but we would like to look into more granular recovery options.

I found this explaination of the  SharePoint agent at http://www.symantec.com/business/products/family.jsp?familyid=backupexec but I haven't found any websites or whitepapers that have any more detail on this.

It says the agent can restore documents, sites, and list items.  Is it able to restore list and other things?  Does anyone know where I can find more information on this?

Recover critical data in seconds with the enhanced Agent for Microsoft SharePoint. This agent now supports both Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003, as well as Windows SharePoint Services 2.0/3.0. Using a 32-bit or 64-bit Backup Exec 12.5 media server, this agent can protect 32-bit or 64-bit MOSS-2007 servers deployed on a Single-Server or within a Multi-Server Farm. This Agent leverages the innovative Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) which helps users save time and money by providing the ability to restore individual documents and now sites and list items quickly and easily from a single-pass database backup. GRT allows the IT Administrators to restore the documents to the original document library in the
SharePoint farm or redirect restore of documents to the file system.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Metalman,  If you are looking for information on Backup Exec 10d, the article above has some decent information.  But from your post it appears you are looking for information on 12.5, the best place I can point you to is the 12.5 Adminsitrators guide.  It has a lot of information on how the Sharepoint Agent works and what can be restored.  I am checking to see if we have any whitepapers on just the Sharepoint agent though, but I do not think we have one at this time.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/308400.pdf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chicojrman
Level 6
http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/49794/sharepoint-backup-and-recovery.html

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Metalman,  If you are looking for information on Backup Exec 10d, the article above has some decent information.  But from your post it appears you are looking for information on 12.5, the best place I can point you to is the 12.5 Adminsitrators guide.  It has a lot of information on how the Sharepoint Agent works and what can be restored.  I am checking to see if we have any whitepapers on just the Sharepoint agent though, but I do not think we have one at this time.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/308400.pdf