cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to manually uninstall 11d remote agent

Chris_Teillon
Level 3
The server was rebooted while I was removing the remote agent via add/remove programs.

I now get an error :
error applying transforms. Verify that the specified tranform paths are valid.

I need to manually uninstall it so I can install 10d agent.

thanks in advance!!!
2 REPLIES 2

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Without looking I would guess the easiest thing to do is to re-install it manually then go through the uninstall, you can manually install using the agent install files in the program files/symantec etc etc.

If that fails, delete the files, delete entries from hkeylocalmachine/software and anything in the services part of hkeylocalmachine/system/services

Jorgen_Persson
Level 4
I had some issues around this reciving the transform error when I tried to uninstall the 11 agent. Got some more messages with only OK options on them. When I rebooted I got ..Can not find NTLDR after I fixed that I got Can not find NTKRNL...Had to reinstall the whole OS to getthings working again. I am lucky I didn't have anything critical runing on this server. Not sure where to go from here with my DC's and Exchange servers. Pretty bad when the software supposed to protect my data deletes system files. I was able to reproduce the error on a crash box that had a clean install on it.