cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to upgrade old Backup Exec 2012

kyle_engineer
Not applicable

Let me start by stating that this is my first action as a new member of this community - so if I'm breaking any rules or etiquette I apologize. :)

My company purchased backup exec a while back (sometime last year) and now that I've taken over the I/T area, I'm trying to get it installed. The problem now is that the servers host OS is running on WS 2012 and of course Backup Exec 2012 won't install on Windows 8/WS 2012... so I was thinking of upgrading to 2014... any ideas how to do this? I tried adding the product to my MySymantec account, but it errors and refers me to an incorrect "contact us" page... :( I don't even know if 2014 works on WS 2012... anyway, any assistance is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 2014 does support Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2.

Do you have a current maintenance contract?  If yes, then you can upgrade to BE 2014 for free.  Contact the Symantec Licencing department (Option 2 when you call your local Symantec support number) and request for a new set of licence keys for BE 2014.  Once the upgrade request is granted, you can then download BE 2014 from fileconnect.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 2014 does support Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2.

Do you have a current maintenance contract?  If yes, then you can upgrade to BE 2014 for free.  Contact the Symantec Licencing department (Option 2 when you call your local Symantec support number) and request for a new set of licence keys for BE 2014.  Once the upgrade request is granted, you can then download BE 2014 from fileconnect.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Kyle,

While you work with the License department to get your licenses upgraded to BE 2014 licenses, you can still download and install BE 2014 on Windows 2012 and work in 60 days Evaluation mode. 

Please refer to the following link to download BE 2014:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=91523 

Ones you get the licenses you can install just the licenses.

Regards,

-Sush...