cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWare Server Backup with Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers

Jim_Taylor
Not applicable
I installed Backup Exec 11d on a Windows Server 2003. I tried to install the Remote Agent for Netware Servers. My NetWare Server was not being seen by my Backup Exec. I could ping the NetWare Server. I used Document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276931

to install the Remote Agent for NetWare Servers manually. This worked fine. Now I can see the NetWare Server from Backup Exec. However, when I try to create a Backup Job, my Server under the NetWare Remote Agents shows a red computer screen and will not backup stating that Authentication Failed and I should check the username and password. I've verified both User Name and Password and given full rights.

I read somewhere that the Novell User Name and Password should be the same as the Windows User Name and Password. I did that, and the result is still the same. Anyone else have this same issue? How do I resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge or assistance.
2 REPLIES 2

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Novell NetWare 5 & 6 servers should use the Administration account. If you have multiple bindery contexts you need to provide fully distinguished account names

Make sure that the backups are done through Remote Selections - NetWare Services - NetWare Servers

criley
Employee Accredited
Username for NetWare backups MUST be in the following format:

.user.context

for example:

.admin.symantec

Also, make sure that name resolution is working in both directions (media server-->NetWare server & NetWare server-->media server).