cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Files

sdcadmin
Level 5

Hello,

We have a Data Domain 660 that we use as a network share.  There are files on the share that we backup directly to tape and archive.  Our primary backup server can see the DD660 and the files that we want to backup.  Our secondary server can see the DD660 and the files; however, we are unable to select the files.  They are greyed out.  We recently replaced our old media servers with new servers.  We did not have this issue with the old servers.  I'm trying to figure out where to begin my investigation of this issue to resolve it.  Is it an issue with the BE configuration, since the server and DD660 appears to be talking?  Am I going about this the wrong way?  Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

William

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6

I would contact DataDomain support.  It could be as simple as a CIFS permission issue, or share level permission issue.  You can open a case on my.datadomain.com (if you have a powerlink account)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

teiva-boy
Level 6

Permissions?

sdcadmin
Level 5
Hi teiva-boy, I checked the user access section on the data domain and the server that is able to see and select the files, our primary server, is not listed there either.

teiva-boy
Level 6

I would contact DataDomain support.  It could be as simple as a CIFS permission issue, or share level permission issue.  You can open a case on my.datadomain.com (if you have a powerlink account)

sdcadmin
Level 5
I will contact them. Thanks for the link!