cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Folder not mounted after reboot

XexeX
Level 4
I'm using Backup Exec 11d, some of "Backup to Disk Folder" are the network shared folders, because we don't want the Backup Exec and BKF on the same machine.

However, Backup Exec report Media Error after reboot, the "Backup to Disk Folder" is offline unless I restart Backup Exec services. Backup Exec always fail after scheduled reboot by Windows Update.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please delete the B2D folder(this will not delete any data in the folders), create them again pointing to the same path.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I suspect the problem is that the Device and Media Service, which detects online tape and backup to disk (B2D)  devices, is starting before your network servcies have completely started and is therefore not able to find the B2D.

You could perhaps try to make the Device and Media Service dependent on one of the network services,  although it might be a bit trial and error to work out which one and you would have to test it yourself as this is more of an Operating System issue than a BackuP Exec issue.

If you can't sort out a service dependency to control this - then there won't be much Symantec can do about it