cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Interface

Brian_Davis_3
Level 2
I am using BackupExec 10d, though I have chosen the Network Interface to use on the server the job runs through the other interface. I have two nic's in the server. I want the jobs to use the 1gig connection (seperate network) versus the 100. Two of the jobs I have created on the server will use the correct nic all others you the other nic. Any suggestions.

Thank you,
5 REPLIES 5

Karl_Whinnery
Level 3
Did you double check the jobs in question to make sure that its supposed to use the correct NIC? (Network and Firewall area in the job setup)

Brian_Davis_3
Level 2
Yes I did. All jobs are set to go to the correct NIC through Network and Firewall area in the job setup. I can even ping the servers and they respond to the correct backup network segment. But BE still backs them up through the public network.

Karl_Whinnery
Level 3
When you push the agents to the remote servers it prompts you which network you want to use - did you specify the gig one? or the public one?

I don't know if you can change it after the fact - I've uninstalled the remote agent and pushed it with the correct setting to correct this in the past.

Brian_Davis_3
Level 2
I tested pushing the agent and I do not get a choice on which Network to run from. It just installs in the default directory and asks me what agents to install.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting any related errors in the application event log?

Also refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254123

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.