cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network flood problem when execute backup job

Sermsak_Sriphot
Level 2
I have some problem with BackupExec 9.1.
The evironment is as following
- BackupExec server is version 9.1 MP2
- Client has installed Remote Client for backup SQL2000 server(sp3)
- The server and client connect seperate switch but both of machines are in the same VLAN
- I have another server (Siri-2) but it is not installed any veritas software in this network environment.

Procedure of problem:
- When I perform backup SQL database
- The server “Siri-2” will get traffic very much until server is die which Siri-2 has not installed BackupExec Agent

I ‘m not sure this is problem of BackupExec or Network switch. Please suggest me for solve this problem.
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What is the OS on the Siri- 2 server? You have mentioned that no backup exec agent is installed on this server. Do you have any problems during the remote SQL backup? Is it also flooding the network on the backup exec server or the remote SQL server?
Check for errors on the Siri 2 server which can help analyse the problem. Update the network card on the server. Also look for errors in the event logs on the Backup Exec server which can provide hints to the cause of the problem. Ensure that the backups are run at such a time when there is no major activity on the target and host servers.

Hope the above suggestions help. In case of doubts, write back to the forum with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Sermsak_Sriphot
Level 2
Siri-2 have AIX version 3.2.5.0
The problem was born When I perform backup SQL database. It looks like to have broadcast message to another server when perform backup.