cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install on Windows 2003 server with Quantum Superloader 3 Hardware

desoto
Level 2
I had been running Symantec 11d backup and was working. I downloaded 12.5 and uninstalled 11 and did a fresh install on 12.5. My problem is backup.exe does not see the tape hardware. I can go into the device manager and the reader is there and the tape drive. I have searched thru the forums and can't find any soultions to my problem.

Any suggestions on what I need to look for.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

desoto
Level 2
I uninstalled everything and removed the old folders, downloaded the 12.5 package and reinstalled. Everyting is working now.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This device is supported by BE 12.5 through a device driver update. Please run live update to apply all the patches. Following url takes you to the latest device driver installer:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/327966.htm

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

desoto
Level 2
Yes I have installed this and it still does not see anything.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi desoto,

Just check and make sure that the RSM service isn't started. If it is, stop it, and then disable it.
Run the Device Configuration Wizard and see if you can install the drivers again.
I could also suggest updating to SP2 for BEWS 12.5...this might address something, and it's always best to load up the latest patch.

desoto
Level 2
When I go into the CPS Console I do not have a Device Configuration Wizard option.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Ok,, you looking into CPS??? Well, CPS would neve see this. It does not support tape drives.CPS is a disk based solution. You need to check backup Exec console and Backup Exec software. Its the wrong software you are in.

Thanks

desoto
Level 2
I uninstalled everything and removed the old folders, downloaded the 12.5 package and reinstalled. Everyting is working now.

Thanks.