cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New media server shows devices on old media server

james_bowes1
Level 4

I posted this earlier but I could not find it - my apologies for posting it again.

Here is my scenario:

• backup BE 11D database and catalogs
  • install Server 2008R2 on old BE 11D server (used to be Server 2003)
  • installed 2010 R2 (updates applied)
  • import the database

I followed all the steps according to these:

www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67296

www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50537

After I ran into a couple of glitches - update schema script would not run because BEMIG could not find it - I was able to get everything working. Except:

The tape library and B2D folder which are exactly the same as before. The old media server shows itself in Devices and those (lib and B2D) are still attached to that. I cannot delete it, move the folder or tape library. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

james_bowes1
Level 4

Thanks guys.

I ended up recreating all the jobs and selection lists. It was failry quick as I had documented all the configurations a while back.

cheers,

James

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

james_bowes1
Level 4

Hmm, I recreated all my steps and everything worked fine. The end result is still the same though... Cannot remove the devices and add them to the new media server.

Anyone have any ideas?

James

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to edit BEDB to remove the old entries.

Refer to https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/upgrading-125-2010-server-upgrade-2003-2008

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When you restart the backup exec services , the device which are not connected show offline . IF there are backup jobs assigned to the old devices assign it to the devices which are online . later you can simply right click the device and remove it from the console .

james_bowes1
Level 4

Thanks guys.

I ended up recreating all the jobs and selection lists. It was failry quick as I had documented all the configurations a while back.

cheers,

James