cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tapes added but Robotic Library showing old data

ChristophPerez
Level 2

Hello,

New Systems Administrator here and zero knowledge of Symantec Backup Exec 15. My supervisor purchased new LTO6 tapes for our system. We have used that media type previously. The tapes were added two weeks ago but the console is showing all the old data from the previous tapes. I have tried to use the Scan, Inventory, and Catalog feature without any success. 

I must be missing something because it appears my backups are not being performed on the application. 

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using tape labels?  If not, you need to right-click on the slots where the tapes are and label them before doing an inventory.

Hi pkh,

Thank you for the reply. Our old tapes had a barcode label and those tapes were managed by the previous admin. I do not have any background on how those tapes were handled. Our tapes came blank (label-free) from the vendor. I used a label print software to generate a label with barcode. Which might be the problem at hand. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The barcode on a tape label has a specific format.  You got to check with your tape library manufacturer to get the correct barcode format.