cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No GRT when backing up Exchange with BE2012

IPG
Level 4

Hi all,

Using BE2010 we never had a problem with backing up our exchange server, however since going to BE2012 I can no longer restore individual mail items.

Under selections for the exchange server, it lists my mailboxes as having 0 bytes - is this right?

Also, when I got to restore individual items I just get a blank contents:

Anyone know why this has happened after the upgrade?  Running Exchange 2007 SP3 Rollout 8 on Windows Server 2003.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IPG
Level 4

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the BE remote agent on the exchange server, ensured all persmission were correct and all the notes under Best Practices were correct and ran a full backup - and the GRT is all there now.

I'm not sure if it was a configuration issue or I did note that this problem had been happening since I installed Exchange 2007 SP3 Update Rollup 8 - so possibly that screwed something.

Once again, thanks for all the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

I hope BE 2012 is with all updates & remote agent on exchange server try to uninstall & reinstall once

Also if backup is going to tape ,please check and see if you backup to disk if GRT is visible

Thanks

IPG
Level 4

I've uninstalled & re-installed the agent but no difference.

BE2012 is fully up to date and SP1.

I have enabled GRT on Microsoft Exchange on the backup job, but no luck.

Any other ideas - are there extra permissions required by BE2012?  The account is an exchange administrator?

Another clue I picked up is under one of the backup sets there's this weird entry:

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

The below link desribes about the permission check it & see if you have given it accordingly

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH51740

Also one more thing which you can test is create a new database in exchange & add 2-3 mailboxes & then send some email to them & backup that small database to disk & see if GRT is visible ,suggested this as to backup this small database it would take few min & you would come to know

Moreover you have not updated were the backup is going too, tape or disk

Thanks

PraveenShetty

Please check the link below :-

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74428

Thanks

IPG
Level 4

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the BE remote agent on the exchange server, ensured all persmission were correct and all the notes under Best Practices were correct and ran a full backup - and the GRT is all there now.

I'm not sure if it was a configuration issue or I did note that this problem had been happening since I installed Exchange 2007 SP3 Update Rollup 8 - so possibly that screwed something.

Once again, thanks for all the help.