cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No individual email exist after restore successful with backup exec R3 full patch

nhiatay
Level 4

Hi all,

I had created one new thread before about this issue, and it is solve with the server.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/individual-email-not-exist-user-mailbox-after-restore...

But now I get the same issue for another exchange 2007 server. This exchange server I upgrade from SP1 to SP2 with the purpose to make Exchange Managementall Console version are same with all exchange server and media server. The scenerio as below:

- Exchange 2007 Server A: before is SP1, upgrade to the SP2 with rollup 4 version. (v08.02.0301)

- Exchange 2007 Server B: before is SP2 rollup 2 version (v08.02.1726), upgrade to the rollup 4 version.(v08.02.0301)

- Exchange 2007 Server C: SP2 with rollup 4 version.(v08.02.0301)

- Media server: exchange 2007 Management Console rollup 4 version.(v08.02.0301)

The server B and C can backup and restore individual mail successful, individual mail could be exist after restore. But the server A cannot, although the restore job is successful, but the individual mail not exist in the user mailbox( I have try with two user mailbox, both cannot).

So any advices for this situation?

Thanks and Regards,

Kevin

18 REPLIES 18

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

What is the error could you post the job log?

Thanks

nhiatay
Level 4

Hi, it is no error, it restore successful.But when I login to the user mailbox, it only receive the symantec notification email: 

Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers has restored one or more items to your mailbox.  After verifying that all requested items have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, contact your system administrator and refer to the job history for job <Restore xxxxx>.

The job log I can see the byte count size on the backup exec.

So any advice?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

In this case the restore is been done from disk or tape? Also have you tried redirecting it to new mailbox or same mailbox using exchange redirection tab?

Also to track what is happening you can enable live debugging to check for which you can open sgmon on Media server & exchange server by going to C-program files-symantec-backupexec

In Sgmon of Media server check engine, server, device media ,thrid party o/p , capture to file & on remote exchange server please check remote agent & capture to file. Once restore is done please close sgmon & in C-program files-symantec-backupexec-logs direcotry you will see sgmon output please post it here

Once the restore is done please open the job log & click on expand all at top & save it & then post the sgmon log & job log here so that can check

Thanks

nhiatay
Level 4

Hi,

The restore is done from disk, I'm not try to restore using exchange redirectiont tab.

The log is here.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I'd create a stand-alone selection list and new job for ServerA and run it. Once done, try a restore again. If it works, there could be some sort of corruption in your selection list. This is then simply a case of creating a new 1 and selecting it for your backup job.

Is ServerA's RAWS agent also patched and up-to-date? Is your media server fully patched?

All other Exchange settings are the same, and the only thing I would recommend would be to uninstall, and then reinstall the rollup patch and SP2.

Thanks!

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Thanks for the log you posted but would request you to post the sgmon log from exchnage server too which would be in C-program file-symantec-backupexec-raws-logs

Also please post the job log too with it

Thanks

sbora
Level 6

Hi,

Are you using non english mapi client? Refer to following technote and check if this is the issue in your setup:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH8909

Thanks,

CraigV

...are you actually checking the logs?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Yes I have checked the first log giveb by him but then to help him further he need to provide log from both side with job log so that can check what is going on

Thanks

nhiatay
Level 4

There is the log for the media server and exchange server. Please check there are any error?

Thanks

Kevin

nhiatay
Level 4

Hi,

three Exchange server use the same MAPI client, but two exchange server can restore successful with exist email on the mailbox, but the server A don't have any restored email although restore successful.

Thanks

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Thank for both  the logs though job log was missing

1 Could you please ensure that you have checked restore overexisting email which is 2nd option in microsoft exchage restore selection

2 then try restore & check if that works

3 Also if that doesn't work I would suggest using exchange redirection option & then in that specfying the name of exchange server & then in mailbox specfying the ALIAS name for the one you are doing restore too

Let me know the results

Thanks

nhiatay
Level 4

Hi,

1. I have checked the option restore over existing email before. The job log is successful (successful.txt) as I forgot attach with above txt file( exchange svr.txt and media svr.txt).

2. When I try to use Exchange Redirect, it occur error as the log I attach. Please change the TXT extension to HTML before view the error (error.txt).

Thanks

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

See if the cause given in the link below is applicable in your case

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH176087

Also would suggest to isolate please make new mailbox & then activate it by sending email & then restore to that new mailbox created by you with it display name or Alias name in exchange redirection tab

Update

Thanks

nhiatay
Level 4

Hi,

I have created new mailbox as you suggest, when I do the restore using Exchange redirect, it it occur another error:

Job ended: Friday, March 09, 2012 at 6:05:24 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f8 - Cannot open one or more mail messages because of unknown MAPI errors. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-760

Restore- \\JNC-EX.grm.local\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group 
V-79-57344-760 - Unable to open the item Mailbox Database - skipped.
V-79-57344-760 - Unable to open the item Mailbox Database - skipped.

When I login to the new mailbox just created, it receive the symantec notification email :

Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers has restored one or more items to your mailbox.  After verifying that all requested items have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, contact your system administrator and refer to the job history for job <Restore 00018>.

Thanks

CraigV

...so why not duplicate to disk as per your issue which was solved with Exchange 2010?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/backing-databases-and-files-same-tape-separate-jobs...

nhiatay
Level 4

I duplicate the backup before I try to restore, but it is not successful. Now I'm using Exchange 2007, how can I change to Exchange 2010 >.<"

CraigV

...that's a Microsoft problem or issue, not for the scope here.