cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No media servers are available

damien_blackbur
Level 2
I have four servers all running BE V10.0. Last week the all stopped working and reported that 'no media servers were available'. I am unable to backup, test run jobs etc. I am stuck - has anyone had a similar problem or can offer any advice?

Regards
5 REPLIES 5

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to know when exactly you receive this error message.
Do you receive this when you perform a particular operation?
Also please check whether all the BE services are started

Also perform a repair installation with the help of the technote below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

please update the results.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

damien_blackbur
Level 2
Hello

I received this message on all of my servers when they were trying to run a scheduled job. One of my servers is not functioning correctly at this present time. Could the other servers be looking to this server for authority or resources? If so how do I change them to run stand alone? Each server has its own software and backup device.

Thanks

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are these servers managed media servers? Since when does the problem occur? Look for errors in the Windows event logs. In case you do not have the latest release of Backup Exec 10.0, download it from the following link:

Title: VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 rev. 5520 for Windows Servers Installation Files
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277181

Install all the remote agent after the download. If the issue persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Jesse_LaDue
Not applicable
I am having this exact same issue on 2 out of 3 of my backup servers right now. When I tried the above mentioned solution of the "repair" installation, the server just hangs at the windows installer (on both servers). I've rebooted and still get the same results. help!

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

With reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.