cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffe09): The directory is invalid

Guest_User
Level 4
The full error message is:

OFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffe09): The directory is invalid.

I've successfully ran this backup job in the past. It backs up the system states of three servers. This error was generated for all 3 servers.

I looked up the error in the knowledge base, but it refers to an issue when selecting SQL for backup. I don't have SQL selected for backup.
6 REPLIES 6

Guest_User
Level 4
bump

Thomas_Bianco
Level 5
is it possible either VSS or OFA are not running? this error seems to indicate a problem connecting to the shadow copy "share"

Guest_User
Level 4
>is it possible either VSS or OFA are not running?

VSS is running. What's OFA? Advanced Open File? I don't have the Advanced Open File agent.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Since when does the problem occur? Does it occur since you inserted serial numbers into an evaluation version of backup exec? Are there any errors in the event logs?

Are you referring to the technote below?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/269681

Verify again if the steps suggested help resolve the problem. If the issue persists, recreate the backup jobs and then test the results.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Guest_User
Level 4
>Since when does the problem occur?

Since the most recent time I ran the backup job.

>Does it occur since you inserted serial numbers into an evaluation version
>of backup exec?

I'm not using an eval version. I didn't add/change any serial numbers.

>Are there any errors in the event logs?

None.

>Are you referring to the technote below?

Yes. I don't have SQL Server.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

- What all are you backing up in this Job?
- Are you getting the error only on the System State?
- As mentioned in the Article, did you check if you have the Backupexec MSDE under the user selections of the Shadow copy components?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.