cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle backup completes but job returns error code e0001509

Comeback_Kid
Not applicable

I am running Backup Exec version 12.0 Rev. 1364 on a Windows 2003 R2 server, backing up Oracle databases on another Server 2003 R2 box with the Backup Exec Oracle Client.  The backup job runs for approximately 10 minutes, backs up just under 8gb of data, and the verify step completes successfully.  However, when the job completes it returns an error code:

e0001509 - The operation was terminated due to an unknown error.  For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5385

So, being the dutiful person I am, I clicked on the link to look up the error only to get told that there was nothing in Symantec's knowledge base regarding this error!  A Google search confirmed it.  Now why in the heck is this reference here if there is nothing to back it up?!?!?!   All puns are intended, by the way.

The Windows Application Event log was of no use.  It simply shows an Event ID 34113, and the content of the event is:

"Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "ROSE") (Job: "Oracle Databases only") Oracle Databases only -- The job failed with the following error: The operation was terminated due to an unknown error."

Good stuff, huh?

I would *really* like to be able to go back to my boss and show him a job status of "Completed", and soon.  Can anyone give me some meaningful guidance on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance...

Scott

1 REPLY 1

Sudhir_Amin
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Scott,

I would like you to debug the oracle agent

http://support.veritas.com/docs/230456

1.Also would like to know what version of oracle agent are you using.

2. Would also like to know the history - when did this started happening.

3. Are you backing it up to tape or disk ---if it is tape - please check whether data is written correctly on the tape like any hard write error or soft write error.

4. Did u try disabling the verify after to backup completes. ( just to know whether verify is causing the issue)

I think in this scenario, debug log is the best source to identify to root cause .