cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Errors: V-79-49-49

je30
Level 2

Hi,

Im wondering if anybody have experienced getting an "OTHER ERROR"  description on a failed job.

currently running backup exec12.5 on a windows 2008 server, bellow is the error that im getting:

Error meesage:

Error category    : Other Errors
Error             : 310031 - 0x  310031 (3211313)
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-49-49

I tried clicking the link to find out what exactly the problem is but it directed me to a blank page. job actually run and when i check the logs there are some files showing that it is in use. so i uncheck those files and re run the job but still gave me the same error.

hope anyone ocan assist me on this... thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

If you are trying to backup open files then you must select the AOFO option when configuring the backup and in AOFO please check the last option to select the system based provider which is shadow copy and then run backup to check if that helps

Please check below link and in solution the 2nd point which shows about AOFO option and how to select system provider.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125459

Ensure BE12.5 is fully patched with sp4 and other updates..and remote agent version on remote server and remote agent version on media server matches if not then please update remote agents too.

Thanks

je30
Level 2

Hi i tried the above solution and still gave me the same error, is it possible that it is an issue with the romote agent?

thanks.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

You haven't mention about if BE is fully patched with sp4 and all updates if not please update that first and then uninstall and reinstall remote agent on remote server which would also Isolate any issue with remote agent.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I'm not sure how AOFO crept into the discussion as it wasn't mentioned originally! Check your selection list and make sure that everything selected actually exists...ie. no drives have been selected and no longer exist on the server.

For the RAWS query, why not remove the RAWS agent, and then push-install it? This would be the start to troubleshooting the issue...

Thanks!