cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Volume Library Robot not found.

Dennis_Schoor
Level 2
We have a HP C9264CB-VS80 SCSI Sequential Device which is running with Backup Exec version 9.00 rev. 4454 running on Windows 2000 Server.

The last (weekend) backup failed to backup a single byte, so after 58 hours i tried to cancel the job. After 2 hours it still wasnt canceled (cancel pending). So i tried to restart the services, but this also failed.

I restarted the server, but the following problem will occur at every action or job that will start.

After 2-3 seconds the following error will appear: "Physical Volume Library Robot not found"
Also after every reboot the device turned up as OFFLINE. To get it ONLINE again i did the steps provided in this forum, but still the same error when trying to do anything (inventory/initialize/backup/clean). The event viewer gives an eventid 34113:

Eventid 34113:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "SERVER1") (Job: "Inventory Library 0047") Inventory Library 0047 -- The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Robot not found.

Anyone some ideas to fix the problem?
6 REPLIES 6

Dennis_Schoor
Level 2
Veritas, please provide me a possible solution...

LNH_Network_Adm
Level 3
dennis,
i am having similar problems.

i tried repairing BE. i ran device configuration wizards,
installed new drivers. etc
and the problem is still there.

in my case, i think that the actual device is having some problems/hardware issues ?!
so we might be having the same problem...

Bryan_Acain
Level 4
same here...
out of our 30 customer that we maintained i got 3 servers having the same issue
veritas please provide solution...

were wondering why this happened..

tried several isolation but no avail..

this is crucialnull

LNH_Network_Adm
Level 3
fellas

try updating the drivers
--device manager
but !!

right click on the device and update windows drivers.
i did that and it worked for me :)

let me know how uz go

good luck

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
I'm assuming the library is an external device. Have you tried restarting it?

If updating the drivers doesn't fix it I'd definitely wonder about the possibility of it being a hardware failure. Have you looked to see if it has any diagnostics available on the device itself. Have you installed and run HP's tape diagnostics (can't remember the name, it's been a while since I had an HP drive) to see if that comes up with any information?

LNH_Network_Adm
Level 3
in my case, i ran all of these troubleshooting steps, restarted the device a few times,
ran diagnostic tool -> no errors detected.

didnt know what else to do. then we updated windows drivers and now it is up and running.

so it wont hurt if you try this option aswell i guess :)

good luck