cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planungsintervall für Fullbackup/inkrementelles Backup für alle 4 Wochen

joachim_k
Level 3

Hallo,

ich verwende Backupexec 12.5 und sichere auf ein NAS. Auf dem NAS habe ich 4 Ordner erstellt. Ich möchte 4 Richtlinien erstellen die abwechselnd alle 4 Wochen eine Sicherung in einen der 4 Ordner machen. Die Planung des Fullbackup für Freitag lässt sich über die Planungsfunktion Tagintervall erstellen, indem ich alle 28 Tage festlege und den ersten gewünschten Freitag auswähle. Aber wie kann ich definieren, dass das inkrementelle Backup von Montag bis Donnerstag alle 4 Wochen ausgeführt wird?

Ist das umsetzbar?

mit freundlichen Grüssen

Joachim Kühne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should not be copying .bkf files. You should always duplicate your backup sets. See this document http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH176061

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should plan on using one B2D folder on your NAS because from BE 2012 onwards, you can only have one B2D folder per volume

joachim_k
Level 3

I want to use 4 different folders so that i can easily copy 1 folder to a 4 TB USB-Disk to take the backup of one Week out of the house. If i store all 4 backups in one folder i have more than 4 TB. If i would use only one folder is it enough to copy only the bkf-files with the change-date from a specific friday (fullbackup) to the next thirsday (e.g. all files with change date August 15 to august 21)? Will i be able to restore the latest backup?

Maybe you have another solution for this problem?

regards,

Joachim

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should not be copying .bkf files. You should always duplicate your backup sets. See this document http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH176061

joachim_k
Level 3

I have read the document. If i understand correctly then it's o.k. to copy the .bkf files when i use for DR. When i want to use the backup later for recovery some files (normal backup no DR) then i need to run a duplicate-job before copying the .bkf files. 

In my case it would be only for DR. So copying the files of the date where the fullbackup has been run would be sufficient. Is that right?