cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Service Pack 3 problems - responding to alerts / attaching job log

Harry_Janke
Not applicable
Synopsis:

New problems post installation of Backup Exec Service Pack 3 (for Windows Servers v10.0 Rev 5484)
- Backup Exec no longer automatically responds to media alerts, (specifically media remove alert at end of job after tape is ejected), and
- email notifications no longer include the job log attachment

We were running:

Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers on Windows Server 2003 SP1
Media Server v10.0 Rev. 5484
-installed updates listed:
oService Pack 1
oHot Fix 7
oHot Fix 14
oHot Fix 23
oHot Fix 24
oHot Fix 25
oHot Fix 29
oHot Fix 30

Set to automatically clear Media Remove alerts after 10 minutes
– Respond with Yes
Set to ‘include job log with a notification to an email or printer recipient’
-Notification via SMTP

Backup Exec was responding to media alerts and including attached job logs as expected..

Backup Exec Service Pack 3 was then installed - no other changes were made

Now Backup Exec no longer automatically responds to media alerts and email notifications on job completion no longer include the job log attachment.

These settings have not changed and still appear to be set correctly in the software.

How can this be fixed?
4 REPLIES 4

Nils_Boje
Not applicable
Hi Harry

I have the exact same problem, same software version, hope Veritas responds soon with a solution

Bob_Sanford
Level 3
Having same problem with VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.1.5629 (10-D)

Help?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello Harry,

Please upgrade to the latest build and verify.

(title) Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 10d rev. 5629 for Windows Servers Installation Files

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Kunal_Ganguly
Level 3
Hello, I am having the exact same problem as Harry after installing SP3. I have checked and re-checked all Kb articles pertaining to auto-alerts, etc - this seems more of a bug than a config problem. Please post with something useful and not a re-hashed KB article.