cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after import BEDB to new server with same name

Sverre_Amundsen
Level 4

Hello,

I have reinstalled my primary backupserver on a Win Server 2008 R2 (the old OS was Win 2003 x64).

I succesfully follow the "Import BEDB" TN, but now I have encoutered a new "problem".

The backupjobs still run and I can do restores so its more of a nuance than enything else, but still I would like to fix it :) so any ideas is appreciated.

As I am to stupid to get around the "your browser does not allow clipboard access...etc" I have attached a word file with screenshots of my issue.

What I need information on is how to remove a device from the device screen as the right-click delete option is grayed out.

Best Regards

Sverre A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In some cases if you try to bring the device in question online even though it is not there, it might ungrey out the delete device option (bear in mind for a library you should remove the tape devices inside it first)

However if that does not work it is unfortunately a Database edit required so potentially a tech support case needed for direct assistance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you tried using tapeinst.exe to manage your tape devices?

You can find it in BE installation directory.

Regards...

Sverre_Amundsen
Level 4

Hello,

Yes I ran the tapeinst.exe file, but this only prompts me to install drivers etc for tapedevices andt this does not solve my problem.

If I try to create a new backup 2 disk folder on any of the Server1 entries it appears on both.

I think this is some sort of "duplicate" issue, but I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Registry edit maybe, but where to look?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In some cases if you try to bring the device in question online even though it is not there, it might ungrey out the delete device option (bear in mind for a library you should remove the tape devices inside it first)

However if that does not work it is unfortunately a Database edit required so potentially a tech support case needed for direct assistance.

Sverre_Amundsen
Level 4

That might be the answer.

Ill see if I can get a hold of someone that can help me.

thanks anyway.