cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to install a new Agent on Windows Server 2003

ITMS
Level 2
Hello,

in our environment we have a Symantec Backup Exec 11D for Windows Server running.
We got now an additional Windows Server 2003 for our CAD environment, the Server is running Applications like Autodesk Design Review, Data management Server, a SQL Database (Don't need to be backed up) etc.

I wanted (as usual) push an Agent to this Server.
After selection of the Server, entering Username / PW of the Dom-Admin Account, i get the following error message:
"Es konnte nicht festgestellt werden, ob es sich bei SERVERNAME um ein 32- oder ein 64-Bit-system handelt."
==> He can't detect if the System on the Server is a 32- or 64-Bit-System

It's a basic Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition like a couple of other servers in our network too.
I updated completely the Backup Exec (Live Update), tested with different accounts (Dom Ad and local Ad), IP adress and so on - no changes, still the same problem.

I hope someone have some information for me to solve this problem, the server need to be backed up as soon as possible.

mfg
Marco Zeimantz
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Have you tried manually installing the agent to that server?  If so, did it have the same problem?

ITMS
Level 2
Hello Ben,
a colleague of mine said he tested it several times.
After I made all new Updates for 11d I gave it a try again this morning ....
Well, after 2 trys it seems to be working now. The first installation was not working, the second time he made a restart without asking me, but it seems to work now, I can access the files from my backup server ....

So, I don't know why, but its OK now ;)

Thanks and have a nice day,
Marco