Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backuping Oracle DB and Lotus Domino

jernej_vodopive
Level 3
Hello!
Please help us reslove this two problems:

1. Problem with Oracle DB:
We cannot make (full) backup of Oracle DB (version 9.2). I've created BACKUP account in Oracle database and BACKUP windows accout - both have the same password.
I've checked that BACKUP user has AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE, DBA and UNLIMITED TABLESPACE role. Oracle DB is running in Archivelog mode with Automatic Archival option enabled. Archived Logfiles does exist on Oracle server.
I've checked that media server has been added to remote server list in oracle db agent configuration.
We are getting error Access is denied to the remote agent since the begining.

2. Problem with Lotus Notes.
After two weeks of successful backup of Domino databases we noticed "Database is in use - skipped" errors - backup failed for all domino databases (full&diff). After some failed backup jobs I stopped domino server and made full backup with domino off-line. Backup of domino databases completed without errors after that.
Last friday I've made another successful backup of domino server (on-line) but I am worried about this problem.

Media server is running on Windows 2000 with all security patches.

Oracle and Domino servers are running on Windows 2003 with SP1.
The version of domino server is 6 and the version of Backup Exec is 10d (5629).

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

It would be better if you post another query for the second problem that you are facing. Also let us know which problem should we troubleshoot here.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

jernej_vodopive
Level 3
OK - I'll post another query for Lotus Domino problem.

Can this topic be changed to just "Problem with backuping Oracle DB"?

jernej_vodopive
Level 3
Maybe I forgot to mention that we can see the whole tablespace in selection list editor.

jernej_vodopive
Level 3
Please help us with this issue: we still don't have any successful backup of oracle DB.

jernej_vodopive
Level 3
I ran oracle agent in debug mode - when I edit (make selections) test job sometihng logs in ntodebug.log. But when I run the same test job that I was editing earlier, nothing logs in ntodebug.log.
Is this in any way helpful?

jernej_vodopive
Level 3
I forgot to mention that backup exec doesn't use 10.000 port - it is using port 12.000 instead.