cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems restoring from Exchange backup

Steve_Hammes
Level 3
I have Backup Exec 12.5 (SP4) and am running on Server 2003 R2 and trying to restore from a 2 year old Exchange 2003  backup. When selecting the tape for restore, I can see what has been written to the tape, but get the message "No selections exist for this resource" I have done an inventory and catalog for this tape and while successful it showed 0 bytes upon completion. I have gone through the renaming of the catalog and creation of a new catalog, this didn't work as I tried the catalog of the tape again with the same results.  I did do a succesful restore from another (older) tape which had more that had four Exchange backups on it, but with two of them showed the "No selections exist for this resource" Seems wierd, any thoughts?
1 REPLY 1

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I was thinking if the Beginning Backup date and Ending backup date is checked in the Restore job. As you said that the tapesz are old there is a possiblility that the Beginning backup date selected is later then the date when the backups to that tape was taken.

Also if that is set properly then you can try to follow this following technote if the backups are Non-GRT backups.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/229722