cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Backup of Exchange 2007 (on the Same Server)...

Gaplayer26
Level 2
Hi,

We have a customer who has 1 server only; running Exchange 2007 and Backup-Exec 11d 7170.  We have installed the MAPI/CDO client from Microsoft's website but still receive the following error after each backup:

Final error: 0xe0001207 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft web site.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-4615

We have tried uninstalling the MAPI/CDO client, rebooting and then re-installing version 1.2.1 - 06.05.7940 but still get the error...

Has anyone had a similar issue and managed to find a fix?

One thing I will say is that the server had previously had Office 2000 Installed (which was removed when I took over supporting the server...) so I am wondering if there are some files remnant somewhere?

Thanks.

System Information:
Windows Server 2003 x64 Std.
Exchange 2007 Std. with Management Tools Installed
Backup-Exec 11d Build 7170

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
One thing I will say is that the server had previously had Office 2000 Installed (which was removed when I took over supporting the server...) so I am wondering if there are some files remnant somewhere?

Sounds like this is possibly the problem.  I would check to see that the MAPI dll's are the updated version and not the version that comes with Office 2000.

Regards,

Gaplayer26
Level 2
Sounds like this is possibly the problem.  I would check to see that the MAPI dll's are the updated version and not the version that comes with Office 2000.

Will do, do you know where the .DLL's for MAPI/CDO are located?

Message Edited by Gaplayer26 on 08-13-200706:47 AM