cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option Installation

ejdrijin
Level 4

Hi,

Lately I have problems with the Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option Installation. When I go to Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server the check box for the IDR Option is checked but the Wizard for IDR is still greyed out. Also when I try to uninstall it, still it is not uninstalled, it says succesful but nithing happened (I use also tried from the Backup Exec DVD Media).

When I checked from the beutility.exe what I have installed it marks the following for the IDR option:

License: Yes    Installed: No

Can anyone tell what could be the problem?

Thanks very much,

Adrian.

24 REPLIES 24

ejdrijin
Level 4

Also:

1) Should the W(AIK) be installed only on the backup server?

2) Can those drivers be copied from somewere else?

ejdrijin
Level 4

Those drivers are not present on the machine and I also tried to install WAIK and still I have the same issue.

Please note that the drivers, wimfltr.sys and wimmount.sys have been installed and are present in the system32 folder.

Now I will try to uninstall the IDR option and re install it.

Anyone has some other idea?

Thanks.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Yes

2) I haven't tested this, but it should be OK as long as drivers are copied over from another server with same specs, config. This could be attempted to rule out any driver corruption possibility.

ejdrijin
Level 4

Thanks.

So if the drivers are in the system32 folder, the only option you suggest is removing the IDR option and installing it again?

Thanks.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yup..as i have seen this helps (atleast on couple of cases)

Lastly, if it doesn't would recommend to log a formal support case.