Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push lotus agent

maruf
Level 3
Partner Accredited

i have purchased the remote agent for lotus. i have some confusion about this

lotus in workgroup in my network and backup media server is in domain.

so is it install remote agent or backup the lotus in future within this criteria. cause media server is in domain and lotus is in workgroup and all are in same network

so please someone clarification me

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The licence key for the Lotus agent is installed on the media server and you push out the remote agent to your Domino server.  There is only one remote agent and there is no seperate agent for Domino.  What the licence does it to activate the capability to backup Domino databases.

If your Domino is not in the same domain as your media server, then you would have to give BE the necessary credentials to enable it to backup the Domino databases.  Normally, if your Domino server is part of the same domain as the media server, then you would use a domain admin id for the BE service account.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

As suggested by Pkh you would need to install the remote agent on the Lotus server and the license key for the agent for lotus domio is installaed on the media server .

If the Domino server is in the workgroup job may fail with the error, " Unable to attach to a resource."
Even the local administrator's account "Media server\Administrator" or "Domino server\Administrator's" account is used, the backup job fails with the same error.

Create a user on Domino server & add the user in the local "Administrator's" group, also create the same name user on the Local/Media server & add that user in the local "Administrator's" group.
For eg; If user "Dominoadmin" is created on the Lotus server then the same user "Dominoadmin" must be created on the Media server & add both the user to their local "Administrator's" group.

Add the user in Backup exec logon account management without defining the server name, for eg; only create the user name with "Dominoadmin"

Hope this helps