cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum Autoloader Detected as standalone Drive

techyogi
Level 4

Hello All,

I have a Quantum autoloader which was not used for long time.

I connected to my backup exec server with version 2012 but after installing symantec drivers and rebooiting it has been detected as "Certance Utruim 3 " drive!!!"

Whats wrong ? is my device fault or else??

The device is Quantum Superloader 3 model : L700

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that your library is listed in the Windows Device Manager as an Unknown Medium  Changer with a Microsoft driver.  If it has a Quantum driver, change it to the Microsoft driver using these procedures

How to uninstall the Original Equipment Manufacturer driver for the medium changer in a robotic libr...

How to uninstall the Original Equipment Manufacturer driver for the medium changer in a robotic libr...

If the library is not listed in the Device Manager, then you got to get some help to get it listed.  If Windows does not recognise the library, BE would not be able to use it.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

The Quantum Superloader 3 with Certance Ultrium 3 drive is a supported device for BE 2012.

I believe that is a SCSI device and that it is also a LUN based device.

If multi-LUN support is not enabled in your SCSI HBA, you may not see the robot.  I suggest rebooting the server, pressing the hotkey (CTRL A?) to get into the HBA config and make sure that multi-LUN support is enabled.  On some HBAs it is a global setting, on some HBAs it is a per-port setting.