cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum PX502 Tape library goes off line after slots found empty

Troy_Lawson
Not applicable
I am running a Dell PE 2850 w/ Win2k3 R2 and BE 10d updated fully and a Quantum PX502 tape library.

The library is connected to the second channel of the PERC 4e/Di card which is set to SCSI and not RAID.

When I run an inventory on the library (yes we purchased the library option), I recieve an error "e0008214 - Library error - source location is empty" on slot 37 which is true due to the fact that it is an elevator slot for master/slave operations. When the inventory hits slot 38 (the second elevator slot), I recieve the error message "e0008115 - Physical Volume Library Drive or Robot paused, offline, or disabled." and then the library goes offline and must be manually set to On-Line in the BE software.

The other slots, 1-35 tapes and 36 cleaning, inventory fine.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Did you install the latest Veritas Drivers?

-- Do you receive any events in the event logs?

Thank You,

Shweta

Jeff_Chopp
Not applicable
I had the same e0008115 error when our Quantum Superloader 3 library was inventorying and hit an empty slot. We did have the tape library connected to an LSI Logic RAID card (connecting tape drives to a RAID card is not recommended/supported). Connecting the tape library to a regular Host Bus Adapter (HBA) SCSI card (non-RAID) fixed the problem.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Troy,

Could you Update us on the issue?

Thanks
Regards