cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum Superloader 3 w/ LTO7 HH and BackupExec 20.6

KevinPalmer
Level 2

Just installed a Quantum Superloader 3 with an LTO7 HH drive connected to a Windows 2016 server via SAS.  I am running fully patched BUEX 20.6.  BUEX has been installed and running jobs to networked storage for a few years.

I am able to see the library and drive in BUEX.  I can inventory and scan the slots of the unit.  There is currently 2 blank and 1 cleaning tapes loaded in the unit (slots 3 4 and 2). 

When I run a job I am getting a message to "Please instert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command". 

Any help would be appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Remove the cleaning tape.

Make sure the tapes are in the Scratch Media Set

To understand how to manage your tapes, please read the Tape Management chapter of the BE Admin. Guide,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Remove the cleaning tape.

Make sure the tapes are in the Scratch Media Set

To understand how to manage your tapes, please read the Tape Management chapter of the BE Admin. Guide,

I checked that article... media was not flagged as "export pending".

pkh,

Thank you for that tip.  That worked.  I had the media in a set that should have allowed appending or overwriting.  I now have the same tapes back in the library... on difference I have the cleaning tape slot marked as a cleaning slot. 

I've been using BUEX for 25 or so years.  I don't recall ever having this type of issue.

Kind regards,

Kevin