Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Backup Exec Agent für VMware Virtual Infrastructures

Frank_Stolzenbe
Level 3

Hello all,

i have a question for BackupExec Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructures

1.Licensing
When i will use the GRT Technology i need the Backup Exec Remote Agent, is the Agent included in the VMware Agent License?
When included for how many machines

2. VMware Agent and VMware Fault Tolerance
With VCB from VMware i have a problem to Backup VM who are protected with VMware FT. Can I backup those kind of VM´s with VMware Agent from BackupExec

Regards
Frank
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
1> No the agent is not included in the vmware agent license. Also if your virtual machine is running database like , exchange, AD and you want the grt for those applications then you have to purchase the exchange or the database license as well and remote agent has to be installed on the vm machine.(ONLY FOR BE 2010)

2>If you are using BE 2010 we are not using the VCB to backup and use some API's to backup and it should backup VMware FT.
If you are using 12.5 then it will be problem as BE 12.5 uses VCB to do the backups of vm machines.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
1> No the agent is not included in the vmware agent license. Also if your virtual machine is running database like , exchange, AD and you want the grt for those applications then you have to purchase the exchange or the database license as well and remote agent has to be installed on the vm machine.(ONLY FOR BE 2010)

2>If you are using BE 2010 we are not using the VCB to backup and use some API's to backup and it should backup VMware FT.
If you are using 12.5 then it will be problem as BE 12.5 uses VCB to do the backups of vm machines.

Frank_Stolzenbe
Level 3

Thank you for the very helpful answer