Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Backup Exec 2012 duplications

kml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

i run full backups on the weekend (schedule FULL-HEB) on deduplication disk storage, and i've configured a stage that duplicate to tape :

==> according to schedule

==> selected backups

i've checked my schedule "FULL-HEB"

How does BE works ? Does it duplicate all the jobs that ran with the "FULL-HEB" schedule and weren't duplicate on tape yet ? I cannot use the "most recent full backup" option because i have to be able to duplicate monthly backups on different media sets

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It should only duplicate the most recent backup of the "FULL-HEB" backup job, and leave everything else.

It won't selectively choose what to duplicate according to what was already done...it will be everything in that selection.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It should only duplicate the most recent backup of the "FULL-HEB" backup job, and leave everything else.

It won't selectively choose what to duplicate according to what was already done...it will be everything in that selection.

Thanks!

kml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks CraigV. I have a duplication running right now and the volumetry seems bigger than the backup ! I'm afraid it's duplicating more data than the last FULL_HEB backup :\

I can't find anything on BE documentations, does any Symantec employee can give me an "official" answer about that ?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you duplicate from a dedup folder, the data is hydrated first, i.e. it is "expanded" back to its original size.