cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about CASO

Uwe_John_2
Level 3
Hi,

Some days ago i switched 3 standalone servers in a CASO environment. I made one of them to be the CASO server and the 2 others to be managed media servers. Immediately i saw the media sets and the backup devices from the MMS on the CASO Server.

But here is my first question :

Shouldn't i see also the planned jobs or selection lists on the CASO server (the ones from the MMS Servers) ?

Second question :

Is there a way to run a report e.g. from the CASO Server which checks all backup jobs on all backup servers if the run successfully? (it seems that the one i have now only checks for the backups ran by the CASO Server itself, not covering the MMS Servers)

Hope somebody can tell me what i can do.

Thanks in advance.

best regards

Uwe
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Where are the catalogs of all the MMS located? Are they on the MMS or on the Caso?

Kindly refer the following Document:

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 10.x for Windows Servers Central Admin Server Option (CASO) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281480

Thank You,

Shweta

Uwe_John_2
Level 3
Thanks for the FAQ, the catalogs from the MMS are located on the MMS Servers itself. Is it recommended to store them on the CASO server ? (except for the ability to restore data from the CASO server instead of the MMS Server itself ?)

I assume i know now why these jobs do not occur on the CASO server, because the MMS Servers have been standalone machines before, so everything should be fine if i just recreate the jobs on the CASO Server and remove them from the MMS ?

Best regards

Uwe

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

It is recommended to save the catalogs on the MMS.

Ya it should work if you Recreate the jobs from CASO.

Hope that helps

Thanks
Regards

Uwe_John_2
Level 3
Thanks for the answers. I recreated the selection lists and the policies on the CASO server and now i can see everything in the job log and in the reports.

Thats exactly what i wanted to accomplish.

Best regards

Uwe