cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAWS32 not installing

David_Bond
Level 5
Hi,

I had build 6235 (think it that, cant remember the exact build) installed on a server. I recently updated to build 7170, so have been updating the clients. Now i come to this one server, i go to do a remote install, backup exec says it cant determine if its a 32bit or 64bit system, so will not install (its windows 2000 server 32bit) so i go to do in manually, connect to a share with raws installed, select install the client and AOFO, then i change the directory for the default of c to d:\program.... add the media server to the publishing list, and off it removes teh old version and says its installing the new one, then comes the reboot. I reboot, and the client isnt installed, no files, no service, nothing in add remove programs.
So I install again, selecting the same settings, it looks up the GUIDs and says it needs a reboot (doesnt saying its copying files or anything) so i reboot, again nothing is installed. repeated many times, leaving the install location to default. Still nothing.

Edit: Also I get this error on install, after it says the install was completed successfully (event ID 11707)

Event ID: 1015
Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401f0

Any help please.

David

Message Edited by David Bond on 08-02-200712:51 AM

1 REPLY 1

David_Bond
Level 5
Fixed it, ran it from teh command line, using /rant32: -s -u to remove, and then installed it with the command line using /rant32 -s and /AOFO: -s then it installed fine.

David