cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ralus Agent on x86_64 RHEL 4 AS

Mark_Richards1
Level 2
It appears to be an impossibility to figure out if the RALUS agent will ever be supported on X86_64 RHEL 4 AS. Has anyone out there been successful in using the RALUS agent on RHEL 4 AS (amd64)? I successfully installed the agent, and have backed up data, but seem to be unable to successfully verify the backup without losing communication with the remote client.

I am so frustrated with this, I am ready to dump a substantial investment in Backup Exec products and Symantec Antivirus products and move on to another company that will support my infrastructure fully.
2 REPLIES 2

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Assuming that you are using Backup Exec v10d, please refer to the SCL for v10d and check if RHEL 4 AS (amd64) is present in the list. If it is then RALUS shoud function but if its not compatible then there is no gurantee of correct functioning. It will be difficult to mention here when it will be supported. However, you can log an enhancement for it using following link:
http://enhancement.veritas.com

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mark_Richards1
Level 2
Hello Ajit,

I am using Backup Exec v10d. The SCL does not list compatibility with RHEL 4 AS (x86_64). I have already logged an enhancement request. The initial documentation I read was a bit confusing because RHEL 4 AS was listed as compatible (later figured out that only X86, not X86_64 as compatible). I have already made a substantial investment in Backup Exec and multiple agents.

Unfortunately, I am still left with a RALUS agent I cannot use, and looking for alternatives so that I can back up all of my servers from one tape library (Windows 2000 & 2003, RHEL 4 AS X86_64, & Solaris 7)