cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Backup Exec 16 Exchange GRT backup error with deduplication

DFLiddle
Level 3

Greetings, all ... at long last I found this post : https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/Backup-Exec-16-Exchange-GRT-backup-error-with-deduplication/m...  after experiencing the same error with some backups after a double in-place upgrade: 2012 > 2016 > 2019. Can anyone report was was done in order to restore error-free operation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Indeed, a repair of my BE 20.6 installation seems to have restored the PDVFS driver, service, and function.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@DFLiddle 

Have you checked BE Software Compatibility?

BE16 is not supported with W2019. Only up to 2016.

The post that you found said that a support call was needed :

Probably time to log a formal support case as performing an in-place upgrade of the OS may have broken how the 'PDVFS' share works.

There is no documented DIY fix. You need assistance from Veritas Support. 
Your next problem is that BE16 has run out of support - I doubt that you will be able to log a support call. 
Maybe worth a try?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my server is running BE 20.6. And I did indeed see that the individual was advised to open a support case in the matter; I was simply hoping that someone would write that the issue could be resolved without doing so.

Indeed, a repair of my BE 20.6 installation seems to have restored the PDVFS driver, service, and function.