cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Duplicate Duplicate Job

Nathan_Nelson
Level 2
Is there a way to re-run a duplicate backup job? I know you can create a job to duplicate an existing backup to hard drive but I just want to re-run the job that just completed.

When I right click on it in job history and click "Retry Job Now" it starts to run then fails saying "The job failed with the following error: The script associated with this job contained no valid selections."

Can I flag those backup to disk jobs as not yet duplicated so it has a valid selection to (re)duplicate or somethign so I can reuse the same job?
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you created a job using policy?

Regards,

Stephen_Meado1
Level 2
I'm trying to do something similar. I'm using policies and I want to duplicate my b2d job onto tape twice after the b2d job completes. 1 tape for onsite storage and the other for offsite storage.

If I had a second tape drive I could run both duplicate jobs using 1 drive for 1 duplicate and the 2nd drive for the other duplicate job. But since I only have 1 drive (auto loader) I want the 2nd duplicate job to run right after the first one completes.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Here is aq suggestion as per your requirement :onsite and offsite storage

Let both the jobs run as per the policy created (1st to B2D then to tape1 onsite)
Create a seperate Schedule Job to run 2nd duplicate job to tape2 (may be offsite)
-Select Duplicate existing backup sets

How to configure duplicate jobs in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x / 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/256096.htm

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri