cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-direct jobs to another media server

mmule
Level 2
I am trying to re-direct my jobs to go to another media server. The seconday server is running Backup Exec 11D.

The reason i am trying to re-direct this is that the server is using small ddts tapes. It takes 3 days to do a incremental due to the amount of data and 3 little tapes. I would like the backups to go our new quantam drive, which is barely being used.

When i try to connect to the secondary server, keeps telling me "Access Denied". I am using the administrator account which the password is correct and should have access anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Mary

2 REPLIES 2

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi Mary,

Does the original server require Backup Exec anymore?
If not stop and disable all the Backup Exec services except for the remote agent.

Then push out the remote agent from the 11d server to the "9.1" server. It will upgrade the agent to the latest level.
Then you should be able to back up the "9.1" server from the 11d server.

bear in mind that the jobs would be set up on the 11d server and backup exec would no longer run on the 9.1 server.

Thats what I would do anyway.

Good luck

Gilly

mmule
Level 2
It was setup this way originally, it doesn't make sense why we have different versions.

I am just taking over and fixing overdue issues.
Backup exec 9.1 is sitting on the domain controller, ill give it a try later on today.

Thanks.

Mary