cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real difference in Backup Exec between Gold and Capacity edition. Functions.

Lguerrero1
Level 1

Hi;

I want to know the real difference between Capacity full and Gold edition for Backup Exec in standard license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no difference - they both enable all agents and options.

Up to BE 16, there were only 2 Capacity models:
(Full) Capacity Edition and Capacity Edition Lite.

The problem was that Capacity Lite did not satisfy basic needs such as Dedupe and more than 1 tape drive. Full Capacity was an 'overkill' with features not really needed.

So, with 20.x, Veritas came up with 3 licensing models - Bronze (with VERY basic features), Silver (with features that suite most customers) and Gold (that includes all agents and options).

Customers who bought (Full) Capacity Ed in previous versions will continue to use the Edition in use. I guess a renewal will at some point convert the Capacity license to Gold. 

New customers will purchase Gold Ed. 

You can read up about the different licensing models in the BE Licensing Guide: 
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109494

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no difference - they both enable all agents and options.

Up to BE 16, there were only 2 Capacity models:
(Full) Capacity Edition and Capacity Edition Lite.

The problem was that Capacity Lite did not satisfy basic needs such as Dedupe and more than 1 tape drive. Full Capacity was an 'overkill' with features not really needed.

So, with 20.x, Veritas came up with 3 licensing models - Bronze (with VERY basic features), Silver (with features that suite most customers) and Gold (that includes all agents and options).

Customers who bought (Full) Capacity Ed in previous versions will continue to use the Edition in use. I guess a renewal will at some point convert the Capacity license to Gold. 

New customers will purchase Gold Ed. 

You can read up about the different licensing models in the BE Licensing Guide: 
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109494

Hope this helps.