cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover lost encryption key in BE 11d

BenHolt
Not applicable

I was just recently hired at this company and the last IT guy created his own encryption key and no one has any idea what it is.  He has recently stated that he will no longer help us with this and all of the passwords are on the network somewhere.  Is there a way to confirm the encryption key?  Or if I can't do that, save the file or DB where the key is stored so I can recover data from the tapes used during that particular encryption key time frame?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no way to see what is the encryption key phrase is.  However, if the encryption key has not been deleted from the media server, you can still restore the data that is encrypted with it without having to enter the encryption key.  Test this by restoring some encrypted data.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no way to see what is the encryption key phrase is.  However, if the encryption key has not been deleted from the media server, you can still restore the data that is encrypted with it without having to enter the encryption key.  Test this by restoring some encrypted data.